Hey guys, today I am going to teach you the difference between singular and plural in the English language with the most used words than you can find in everyday English.
Singular / Plural.
- book / books; Chair / Chairs; boy / boys, cupboard / cupboards.
- Spealing rule: For the plural form of most nouns you just need to add ‘s’.
2. Box / Boxes; watch / watches / class / classes; bus / buses.
- Spealing rule: For nouns that end in ch, x, s, or s sounds just add ‘es‘
3. dictionaty / dictionaries.
- Spealing rule: Change y to ‘ies’.
4. Bookshelf / bookshelves; wife / wives.
- Change f to ‘ves‘.
5. Person / people; man / men; woman / women; child / children.
6. Series / series; deer / deer.
- A few nouns have the same singular and plural forms.
7. toy / toys; potato / potatoes.
- Nouns ending in vowels like ‘y‘ or ‘o‘ do not have definite rules