Vocabulary about education:
- The school system in the UK:
- Private school: It is a school that you have to pay to study there.
- State school: You do not have to pay to study there. They are paid by the government.
- Boarding school: Children have to study, eat and sleep in it.
- Graduate: You have finished university, you are called a graduate.
- Religious school: The teachers often are priests and ruins.
- Primary school: When children are 5.
- Secondary school: (From 11-18) Children go to study there.
- The school system in the USA:
- Kindergarten: the youngest children study there. (first grade)
- Elementary school;
- middle school or junior high school;
- High school;
* 2, 3 and 4: In the end of high school, they have to be till twelfth grade.
5. College: it means university in the US.