We use ”about to” to talk about something that it will do very soon in the future.
- About to + Verb (Infinitive)
I am about to go to the cinema = (I am going to the cinema);
You are about to go out = (You are going to go out);
She / He is about to study = (She / He is going to study);
We are about to go to the gym = (We are going to go to the gym);
They are about to take a shower = They are going to take a shower).
- Exercises about the expression ‘’about to’’.
- Complete the exercises below:
- I am __________ clean the house.
- He is about to _________ (Study) a lot.
- She is __________ go out.
- They are _________ travel abroad.
- We are _________ listen to you.
- You are about to ________ (dance).
- I am about to ________ (drive).
- I am not about to ________ (go out).
- He is not __________ study.
- They are not about to __________ (read) a book.
- You are not _________ read a magazine.
- I am about to ___________ (go) to the cinema.