3 practical things you could do to improve yourself when speaking!!
- Get yourself in calm: I really believe in mindset as a practise. 15 minutes in the morning, on the tube or at home before you leave is helpful to get calm.
2. Make sure about your voice: Our voice is a really powerful. Others will be interested in what are you talking about. So, take care of it.
3. Think about your posture: A good posture makes us more powerful. It makes us communicate easier and calmier.
- The bedroom.
- The bathroom. /’ba:ru:m/
- The dining room.
- The garage. /’gaera:g/
- The garden.
- The hall. /ha:l/
- The kitchen. /’kitchen/
- The living room.
- The study.
- The toilet.
- Difference between Bathroom & toilet:
i.e In the bathroom there is a shower.
In the toilet there is not a shower.
1) Complete with the room properly:
- The place where you have a shower. ___________________
- You can eat in it. You often have dinner. __________________
- You can sit, rest, read a book or watch TV. __________________
- I always leave my car in the ___________________
- We usually rest in the __________________
- We often read a book, study or do the homework. ______________
- There is a bed and a closet in this room. It is the place we have our things. __________________
5 slang words and informal expressions useful in the daily English:
- Patricia has lost her passport. She is gutted. /‘gutid/ = It means disappointed.
2. I am a bit down. Call me later!! = It means sad or depressed.
3. They were scared stiff when they heard a noisy. /skead stif/ = It means terrified.
4. I had a hard day at work. I’m shattered. /‘shaeted/ = It means exhausted.
5. I have heard about that. I’m gobsmacked. /‘gobsmaekt/ = It means very suprised or amazed.
When to use She / He or Her / His properly:
I.E. She likes dogs. (She + Verb ..)
He loves her. (He + Verb..)
I.E. Her dogs are cute. (Her + Noun ..)
His girlfriend is beautiful. (His + Noun ..)
Some countries in English
- The United Kingdom; (UK)
- The United States of America; (USA)