- Every trick in the book: It means you do everything to achieve something;
i.e. I have tried every trick in the book to help you!
2. In my book: It means in my opinion;
e.g. I would not do that in my book.
3. By the book: It means follow the rules;
i.e. Soccer is played by the book.
4. Don’t judge a book by its cover!
e.g. A) I am not going to eat it. B) Don’t jugde a
book by its cover. You have not even tried. Eat it.
5. Bookworm: It is a person who likes to read;
i.e. I am a bookworm. I love to read!
6. Hit the books: It means ”study”.
e.g. I have got to hit the books today. There is a text tomorrow!